- Title: Underwriter
- Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc Insurance
- Location: Lagos
- Field: Insurance
We require an Underwriter at our Lagos office.LIB is an Insurance Broking firm, licensed by the NAICOM to provide unique services ranging from insurance brokerage, risk management consultants, and claims service experts, life and pension and health insurance consultant.
Providing expert and detailed insurance in all areas of both personal and commercial risks, ranging from simple insurance on personal property, private and commercial vehicles, fire and special insurance, burglary and theft cover, motor vehicles, plant, all risk insurance cover etc.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience as an underwriter in an insurance brokerage firm
- First degree in Insurance or related discipline from a reputable tertiary institution.
- CIIN will be an added advantage.
- Advanced level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft (MS) Windows utilities/tools
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS Power Point
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of our various product
- Strong strategic orientation
- Knowledge of regulatory authority reports & guidelines
- Good management and administrative capabilities
- Sound negotiating skills
- Calculating possible risk and deciding how much individuals or organisations should pay for insurance.
- Develop relationship and implement negotiating terms with the underwriters (insurance companies) to suit the policy holders.
- Facilitate the preparation of business proposals, and corporate profile to aid marketing activities, objectives and performance goals.
- Study proposal forms and interpret with the use of broking slip to underwriters for issuance of policy document.
- Study policy documents and endorsement for proper interpretations to policyholders.
- Support the coordination of the Technical and Marketing performances input into annual planning & budgeting process.
- Issue debit and credit notes on business transactions for the purpose of accounting record.
- Liaise with underwriters in ensuring commissions are paid at the due time.
- Facilitate the preparation of NAICOM reports and production schedule for management decision.
- Provide timely and accurate periodical reports to the regulators in accordance with the regulatory standard.
- Implement credit policy and ensure all receivables are collected, banked and documented for record purpose.
- Develop ideas and create offers for direct mail and technical support to major accounts.
- Keep all records of transactions and maintain existing customers through planned individual account support.
- Ensure achievement of set targets on all businesses due for renewals, send renewal notices and liaise with underwriters on position of renewable policies.
- Monitor and report on technical activities, and provide relevant management information.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties, and aid business and organisational development.
- Provide routine support to the MD/COO’s work.
- Any other responsibilities which may be assigned by the MD/COO
Send CV to email@example.com